IT & Engineering Recruitment
Are you a Pre Sales Consultant looking to join a forward thinking company, rapidly growing managed service provider with over 170 staff? Well look no further as my client is looking for a Senior Pre-sales Consultant ASAP.
If you are a Pre-sales consultant with exposure to vendor products such as VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, HP, Netapp, or Cisco than call me now.
Purpose of role:
To proactively assist the sales teams in technically qualifying and closing services and project based business. Engaging with customers to produce technically and commercially relevant architecture solutions that demonstrating deep understanding of their business challenges and existing IT environment.
• Support the sales teams with technical knowledge and skills throughout their sales engagements. Manage supplier/vendor pre-sales resources and Technical Specialists to supplement knowledge.
• Provide qualified and accurate installation estimates for sales proposals, based on Installation Standards, project delivery methodology and experience.
• Support Chief Technology Officer to provide consistent messages into the sales team. Enable, Sell and Deliver.
• Deliver product and solution demonstrations and manage Proof of Concepts.
• Technically vet sales proposals.
• Provide solution handover for closed sales deals to the project management office (PMO) in a manner that enables the supporting teams to succeed in the delivery of the proposed solution.
• To maintain a deep technical and commercial understanding of the technologies in technology portfolio
• Support vendor certification requirements, by achieving Pre-Sales, technical sales and sales examinations.
To adopt and endorse the company’s vision and values.
To endorse and co-operate fully with the continuous business improvement process, participating in or contributing to, designated change projects as required.
To play a full, active and supportive role in the strategic development of the business.
Such additional tasks or projects as may be required by the Board, or in support of the Company’s commercial objectives.
To deliver on your Performance Appraisal System (PAS) goals.
• Strong analytical skills and proposal/report creation skills with attention to detail.
• Knowledge and experience of strategic, conceptual, consultative selling
• Strong customer presentation skills
• Ability to recognise commercial opportunities with an understanding of the, a customer’s business and the problem’s faced.
• Ability to technically qualify a broad range of solutions and identify pragmatic technically elegant solution with commercial acumen
• Strong technology generalist with good awareness across:
o Server and storage virtualisation.
o Networking (LAN/WAN).
o Microsoft Infrastructure Software Stack (AD, Exchange, SQL).
o SaaS concepts.
o Cloud concepts (Public, Private and Hybrid).
o Security (Firewall, IPS, AV, Web/Email hygene).
o Remote connectivity and mobility (SSL and Citrix/VDI/terminal services).
• Understanding of software licensing acquisition models.
• Understand business challenges – Disaster Recovery, Business Consolidation and Expansion, Flexible and agile working, IT Service Availability, Management Information.
• Understand technology associated with delivering services and projects. Have the ability to absorb technical white papers and translate the value of a given technology to diverse range of audiences (CLevel, Technical, Managerial)
To possess a strong technical foundation that will enable the diversification and growth of revenues with new strategic initiatives based on a solid understanding of the market, client requirements and commercial opportunities.
West Sussex - £55k + £5160 car allowance +17.5%
Keywords: presales, pre-sales, pre sales, consultant, architect, IT Solutions, c-level, vmware, citrix, virtualization, cisco, hp, netapp, saas, LAN, WAN, Networking, infrastructure, AD, Exchange, sql, security, firewalls, vdi, servers, baldes, storage