Senior Pre-sales Consultant
High basic + bonus + bens
Are you looking to be part of a well established market leading IT reseller based in Central London? Specialising in the public and private sectors delivering IT products, services and solutions, my client is now looking for a Senior Pre-sales Consultant
My client is rapidly growing as a business and now urgently seek a Senior Pre-sales Consultant with a strong background in various vendor products such as HP, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, NetApp and much more.
As a Senior Pre-sales Consultant, they ideally would like you to have certifications in the some of the following
ASE - HP ProLiant Servers, MCSA, MCSE, VMware VCP, CCNA, CCNP or equivalent
As the Senior Pre-sales Consultant will be very hands on and will be involved in the full project life cycle from start to finish. As a Senior Pre-sales Consultant you will be expected to go on to clients sites, identify their needs, recommend how and what they should do in order to improve on their business. From there you will then be expected to get your hands dirty and implement the services required and provide the client with the solutions promised. You will also be managing a team of 2 IT support Engineers.
As they are partners with the likes of HP, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco and IBM, their clients do expect you to have some certifications in the above, so more the merrier.
HP ProLiant Tower, Rack and Blade servers, VMware (Server and GSX), VMware (ESX 3.5/4.0), Windows servers 2000/2003/2008/XP, Exchange 5.5/2003/2007, Active Directory (Design, Implementation, administration, support, upgrades), Hyper-V (2008 2008 R2), Technical Pre-post sales, post sales, Citrix (with CCNA - XenApp, XenDesktop or XenServer), Networking
As a Senior Pre-sales Consultant, the main purpose of your role will be:
• Reporting to the Director, you are the business’ most senior technician in your designated technology and as such, are responsible for ensuring that my client’s proposition in that area remains current and fit-for-purpose. You are required to be proactive, innovative and to take clear ownership for your technology.
• Provide technical pre-sales support in all facets of my client’s product line for its existing and prospective customers.
• You will responsible for maintaining and increasing technical services revenue by expanding technical services to existing clients and introducing technical services to new clients/users
• Work onsite alongside customers and 3rd party engineers to deliver solutions to clients
• Presentations to customers with sales staff.
• Post sales support via phone, remote control and site visits.
• Provide infrastructure based technical consultancy and architecture services to private and public sector clients.
• Enable clients to leverage best practices and increase efficiency by implementing core framework elements based on ITIL and MOF.
• Assist 1st/2nd/3rd line support teams with problem diagnosis and fault resolution.
• Provide comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing environments and project implementations to improve support team knowledge and the end user experience.
• To provide ‘4th line’ expert advice, coaching, mentoring and guidance both internally and externally, attending customer sites when required to facilitate either hands-on training and/or resolve a technical issue;
• Specifically, to provide a technical coaching service to Service Desk personnel, to aid knowledge transfer in areas such as deployment standards, support handovers, service introductions etc.;
• To maintain your technical competence in your designated technology at the highest level, including achieving and maintaining current vendor certifications;
• To act as technical lead on assigned projects and transitions;
• Work in partnership with customers, to advise and deliver information technology solutions that best meet their business objectives and/or overcome specific problems and which may in turn, assist in the definition of new hardware/software solutions that might then form part of the technology/service portfolios;
• Deploy all technologies in strict accordance with the company’s agreed ‘standards’ and the project management framework at all times;
• Maintain your skill levels in the core technology set to a satisfactory minimum standard, through a combination of self-study, company provided training and external courses;